Located in Granada, Andalusia, Spain, the Alhambra, and Nasrid Palaces are notable tourist venues. The place appeals to a wide range of visitors due to its assortment of stories and legends. It is one of the best-preserved palaces in the historic Islamic world and a fortress complex.
With Alhambra and Nasrid Palaces tickets you can make the most of each moment you travel. The passes are cheap and can be bought before you make the trip. By booking a guided tour in well-in advance, you can skip the entry line. You will receive a definite time slot to explore the Alhambra, and also the following
6 reasons to visit the Alhambra and Nasrid Palaces to make your way to the mysterious past –
- Visit this city for its breathtaking history. Recently declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO, it is one of the most well-known monuments of Islamic architecture. It was begun in 1238 on Sabika Hill and gradually modified later on. With its perfectly proportional rooms, breath-taking symmetry, intricately designed stucco walls, antique wooden ceilings, brightly colored tiles, and quaint halls, the Nasrid Palace is the major highlight of Alhambra. Your professional and experienced guide can enlighten you about the hidden corners and make you time travel to the era of the Sultans with their courtiers.
- Since Sabika Hill is the highest point of Granada, you can get panoramic views of the entire city. Alhambra had been a strategically built fort to defend and observe the city, it is considered the ideal viewpoint of Granada. You can cherish spectacular vistas of the Sacromonte caves, the Albaicin district and its walls, the fertile plains, domes, and towers, and the snow-capped mountains of the Sierra Nevada. Apart from the magnificent views of the surroundings, you can soak in the tranquil ambiance of the place. You can have a great experience with your family and friends, book your Alhambra Tickets now.
- The Nasrid Palace of Alhambra exquisitely upholds the Islamic art and culture in Spain. It is a wonderful expression of Moorish-style architecture and craftsmanship. Each wall is covered by meticulously created arabesques. The decorative motifs used inside the walls include geometric patterns, vegetal motifs, and Arabic inscriptions. There are jaw-dropping stalactite-like paintings called muqarnas, used for 3-dimensional vaulted ceilings. Rooms and walls are organized around the courtyard, that is the basic unit. There is also a reflective pool and a fountain in this central space. You can witness a uniformity in all the elements used to build this place.
- The Alhambra is also famous for its legends. The popular Thousand Nights and One day had its setting in this place. Besides, the American writer Washington Irvin crafted his own stories around the Alhambra. The last sultan of Granada, Boabdil is remembered for his cowardly act of betraying his city as he left it in the hands of his enemies and escaped.
- The gardens of Alhambra are teeming with orange trees and orchids. Other types of plants and flowers form the lush vegetation of the place. The trees produce fruits for the inhabitants of the city. They also act as powerful insect repellents. The gardens are equally well-appreciated for representing the antechamber, as described in the Holy Quran.
- The Alhambra is an enormous architectural complex with many palaces. They consist of highly-decorated rooms arranged in a quadrangular fashion with a court in the front. During the Nasrid rule, they have evolved over the years. The Christian rulers also renovated them but kept the basic structures intact. The Nasrid Palaces consist of three main palaces from west to east- Palacio del Mexuar, Palacio Comares, and Palacio de los Leones. Together, they are known as the Old Royal Palace to differentiate them from the newer palaces erected next to them during the Christian-Spanish period.
Thus, as you can surmise, the Alhambra tour is a great choice, especially for those who are history buffs. With proper guidance and the right tickets, you can save time and visit it in one day. You can choose from different start times throughout the day. Again, you can avoid long queues in visitor lines. Finally, you can enlighten yourself with fascinating tales and commentaries about the place. And so, you should select an ideal and flexible package that can customize your program efficiently. You can strike the best deals and offers too.